You Are Invited to Testify at Upcoming Hearings From the Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety
October 21, 2013The Committee on the Judiciary and Public Safety has scheduled several public hearings and roundtables on matters pertaining to the legislation and agencies under its purview. Each hearing will be held at the John A Wilson building, 1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, unless noted at another location. Below is the current listing:
- Wednesday October 23, 2013, 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. (Anacostia Neighborhood Library, 1800 Good Hope Road SE) - Public hearing on Bill 20-409, the "Simple Possession of Marijuana Decriminalization Act of 2013". The hearing will reconvene on Thursday, October 24, 2013, 11:30 a.m. (Room 500). Click here to view the "Notice of Public Hearing"
- Tuesday, October 29, 2013 in (Room 412): Joint Public Hearing on Bill 20-327, the "Stroke System of Care Act of 2013". Click here to view the "Notice of Joint Public Hearing"
- Thursday, November 7, 2013, 11 a.m. (Room 120) - "The Department of Corrections Response To Recent Suicides At The D.C. Jail" Click here to view the "Notice of Public Oversight Hearing".
- Thursday, November 21, 2013, 11 a.m. (Room 500) - Bill 20-191, the "Prohibition of the Harm of Police Animals Amendment Act of 2013"; and Bill 20-323, the "Post-Arrest Process Clarification Amendment Act of 2013". Click here to view the "Notice of Public Hearing".
- Wednesday, December 4, 2013, 11 a.m. (Room 500) - "FEMS Apparatus Assessment and Paramedic Vacancies". Click here to view the "Revised Notice of Public Oversight Roundtable".
- Thursday, December 12, 2013, (Room 412) - Bill 20-417, the "Sexual Assault Victims Rights' Amendment Act of 2013". Click here to view the "Notice of Public Hearing".
All hearings are open to the public and testimony is encouraged. If you wish to participate in any hearings please contact Ms. Tawanna Shuford.