ABC's of Family Biking - Sunday, April 28th
April 22, 2013Great news from Kidical Mass DC, WABA and DDOT Safe Routes to Schools! Sunday, April 28th, they'll host the ABC's of Family Biking. Here are the details they share with us.
The ABC's of Family Biking
Kidical Mass DC, the Washington Area Bicyclist Association (WABA) and the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) Safe Routes to School Program are pleased to announce the return of "The ABC's of Family Biking." This free event, which builds on the popularity of last year's successful debut, will celebrate the joy of biking with children and introduce local parents to the tools, skills and equipment that can help them start biking with their kids.
Held on Sunday, April 28th from 11:00am - 1:00 pm at Capitol Hill Montessori School at Logan, "The ABC's of Family Biking" will offer:
• An open forum to talk to area parents who bike with children of all ages
• Bicycles and equipment available at local bike shops to help parents bike safely with their children
• Free classes with WABA instructors to teach basic riding skills to children, including a special class on group riding skills for families that are interested in forming "biketrains" for children to ride to and from school in groups
• A performance of "Squirrels on Bikes," a new bike-themed puppet show by the Flying Fox Puppet Theater
• The opportunity for parents to "Swap or Sell" their gently used family biking equipment
• Free bike repair clinics from The Bike House
The event will also provide a chance for families to practice their bicycling skills in advance of National Bike to School Day on May, 8, 2013."
What: The ABC's of Family Biking
Where: The parking lot behind Capitol Hill Montessori School at Logan, 215 G Street NE (the location is easily accessible from the Union Station Metro and Capital Bikeshare stations.)
When: Sunday, April 28th from 11 am - 1 pm, (Puppet show begins at 11:30am // Biketrain class begins at 12:00pm).
For more information, visit KidicalMassDC.blogspot.com and click on "ABC's of Family Biking," or contact Megan Odett, Kidical Mass DC's organizer.
Leave a comment